Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip from your family dentist.
- Dental Insurance card so that we can file your insurance as a courtesy.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- Complete the registration and medical history on-line (see Patient Registration) 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. We would be happy to help you fill out these forms on the phone if you need assistance. Please call 515-965-4456 at least 24 hours prior to your appointment for this service.
- We require payment on the day of your service. Please see Insurance and Payment Options for more information.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med.)
Note that bringing an x-ray(s) is not necessary. We will take new x-rays at your appointment because our digital imaging allows us to make measurements and take specific angles that will be necessary for diagnosis and treatment.
3-D Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
A CBCT scan may be taken to allow us to evaluate the tooth with three dimensional views. This greatly enhances our ability to diagnose, evaluate, treat, and care for our patients (see Avanced Technology).